Monday, May 12, 2008

Plus Size Dresses

Yet again the sun is shining and my mind wanders to summer dresses. As a little girl I hated wearing dresses, I was a child of the 70's so crimplene, polyester and nylon were the fabrics of the day. As a pleasantly plump child, shirring and puff sleeves only added to my tubby frame. Now however as a curvaceous diva I adore wearing cute plus size dresses. I wear them to work, lunching with friends, dates with my wonderful DH, and basically as much as possible during the summer months.

Here I have picked out a few of my current favorites that I either already own or am sure going to be buying real soon!

Curtain Call Dress

Curtain Call Dress

This is such a girly dress and such a cute shade of pink, I wore it recently for my niece's christening with a white wrap and flat sandals. I wore a
small white gardenia hair clip

and felt very fresh and summery.

Wrap Star Dress

Wrap Star Dress

I know that bright colors are really in at the moment but I never thought I could wear them. On a whim I ordered this dress. I have worn it to the office and straight on to meeting up with my girl friends. It looks fab with black patent pumps and clutch purse. A more versatile plus size dress than I first realized, it covers my upper arms, which I sometimes get self concious about and I think would go well with leather sandals and chunky wooden beads and bangles.

Blue and White Rose Print Wrap Dress

Blue and White Rose Print Wrap Dress

I feel such a yummy mummy in this dress. Flattering and practical, great for dressing up or down. I wore this on Mother's Day my first when we went out as a family to visit the park and then on to our favorite child friendly restaurant. Hubby even complemented me, so I'll be wearing this dress a lot this summer!

Brooklyn Bandana Dress

Brooklyn Bandana Dress

Now this dress is on my wish list. I love the ethnic hippy chick vibe, and think it will take me right through from Summer to Fall. May even look good with my brown leather boots. I hear my credit card calling me LOL



So are you a summer dress diva or do you prefer separates, pants, skirts?
Do you have problems finding the right style or length of dress?
Let me know your thoughts.

No comments: