Thursday, May 8, 2008

Plus Size Swimsuits and Holiday Wardrobe

I am a fanatical list maker, every year when planning for my vacation I begin a list of clothing, beauty products and other items that I need to pack. After many years of trying to fit all the summer clothes I own into my suitcase I have now perfected the capsule wardrobe. So here are my ideas for the ideal curvy and plus size girl's summer vacation.

I try to choose colors that will go together, this year I am really into earth tones, browns, greens and spicy orange and red.


Let's start with Plus Size Swimsuits and Tankinis. For a two week break I usually pack 2 tankinis that I can switch and swap around. I like to choose a halter top and a strap top so that I don't end up with large strappy tan lines. Sometimes I throw in a swim skirt too.

Next I need a couple of cover ups, a tunic and a sarong. These are ideal for when you want give your skin a break from the sun, or want to wander to the pool or beach bar for some cooling refreshment.

For walking around the pool or on the beach I take a fun pair of flip flops, along with a cute beach bag for my sun cream, bottle of water and book.

Now on to Plus Size summer clothes for sight seeing or wandering around town. I take a one or two pairs of shorts and a pair of capri pants. The capri pants can double up as evening wear too. Add a couple of tanks or camis, or a tshirts if you prefer something with sleeves. I usually wear more sturdy sandals, I love my birkenstocks!

For the evening I take a dress and a skirt, with a couple of more dressy tops. I also add a pashmina or I have just bought this fabulous long sleeve wrap sweater. Add a pair of wedge sandals and accessorize with chunky wooden beads and bangles.

Find the items pictured above at the following stores.
SwimsuitsForAll
Always For Me
Torrid
Alight
Old Navy - Women's Plus Online Exclusives
Shoebuy
Shoes.com

No comments: